New Yamaha Dirt Bikes For 2002!
Improved Four-Strokes/Proven Two-Strokes - New Stuff/Old Stuff/Good Stuff
It started out as a revolutionary 400cc new four stroke racer, and has steadily evolved and improved over the past few years. The bike retains its 426 cc displacement, and has no major changes for 2002, but a substantial number of minor changes make it a better bike. We'll start with what's arguably its most devastating asset: 426cc of liquid-cooled, 5-titanium-valved, four-stroke single, bearing newly remapped ignition for more precise spark - and performance that's quicker and harder hitting than ever.
Retooled suspension settings deliver smoother, more compliant stroke at both
ends, while an all-new, lighter-weight swingarm is both stronger and more rigid.
Greater durability and reduced unsprung weight comes courtesy of a new front
wheel hub. A larger, 245mm rear brake disc helps with greater stopping power.
Slightly more forward-positioned handlebar mounts create roomier ergos and a
more aggressive riding setup allows you to slide forward more easily when
NEW FOR 2002:
- Revamped carburetor settings deliver crisper, more linear throttle response for optimal engine output.
- Remapped digital CD ignition system delivers more precise spark and
optimal timing for faster, stronger response during hard acceleration, and
less kickback during starting.
- All-new hydroformed swingarm is lighter and stronger for reduced weight,
greater rigidity and more compliant rear suspension action, while an
anodized finish gives it a trick, factory team-style look. Also includes a
larger pivot shift for increased durability.
- Rear shock refinements include improved actuation, a new linking ratio and
enhanced damping force.
- Revamped front fork settings deliver improved damping force with less
bottoming for a smoother, more compliant overall stroke.
- Lightweight front wheel hub reduces unsprung weight and increases
- Larger rear brake disc means greater stopping power.
- Retooled handlebar mounts are increased in size to help accommodate a wider range of riders.
- Liquid-cooled, 426cc, 5-valve, DOHC, 4-stroke with all-new titanium valves.
- 39mm Keihin FCR flat-slide carburetor with throttle position sensor (TPS)
ensures ultra-precise fuel/air mixing and quick throttle response.
- Large-capacity radiator provides outstanding cooling efficiency.
- Primary kickstarting with integrated hot-start button ensures easy
- Smooth-shifting, 5-speed transmission with heavy-duty, multiplate clutch
ensures maximum hookup.
- Trick, works-style clutch lever features race-spec barrel adjuster for on-the-fly adjustability.
- Ultra-rigid, twin-spar frame is super-lightweight and incredibly strong
for minimal flex and razor-sharp handling.
- Lightweight 46mm inverted Kayaba cartridge fork features 11 .8" of
travel and compression and rebound damping adjustability.
- Low-friction outer tubes and aluminum piston rods ensure smoother, more
compliant fork stroke.
- Rear suspension system features fully adjustable Kayaba shock with
12.4" of travel and separate adjusters for high- and low-speed
- Removable aluminum rear subframe reduces weight and allows easy
- Premium Dunlop 739 knobbies offer unbeatable, competition-spec traction
and excellent wear.
- New 250mm fully floating front disc and 245mm rear disc brakes delivers
stronger stopping power with greater controllability.
- Lightweight 21" front and 19" rear Excel rims are exceptionally durable and reduce unsprung weight.
- Specially designed steering crown, seat, fuel tank, handlebar, footpegs
and radiator shrouds create ergonomically balanced riding position for
optimal rider movement.
- Wide, cleated, folding cast alloy footpegs provide excellent comfort, grip
and ground clearance.
- Cleated rear brake lever and folding shift lever tip offer superb grip and
- Repackable exhaust silencer.
- Durable, comfortable handlebar grips.
- Stainless steel clutch cable for longer life.
$5,999* Available from September 2001
|Type||426cc, liquid-cooled, 4-stroke w/titanium valves|
|Bore x stroke / mm||95 x 60.1mm|
|Final Drive||#520 chain|
|Carburetion||39mm Keihin FCR flat-slide|
|Transmission||5-speed w/multi-plate wet clutch|
|Front||46mm Kayaba inverted telescopic fork w/adjustable compression and rebound damping;|
|Rear||Kayaba single shock w/adjustable preload, compression
rebound damping & separate hi/b-speed compression adjuster;
|Tire - Front||80/100-21|
|Tire - Rear||110/90-19|
|Dry Weight||231 lbs.|
|Fuel Capacity||2.1 gallons|
|Color||Team Yamaha Blue/White|